Hiring Our Heroes is a nationwide initiative to help veterans, transitioning service members, and military spouses find meaningful employment opportunities.
This information is connected to the article: Exclusive: Dakota Meyer opens up about struggles with transitioning from Corps.
Resume Engine for Veteran Hiring
Translate your military experience for employers, so they can translate it into success. Help potential employers understand how the skills and experience you’ve gained as a service member make you a great employee.
The Personal Branding Resume Engine™will translate your military record into a strong resume that civilian employers can understand. Once you complete your resume, you can make it viewable by thousands of employers using the Resume Engine to look for qualified job candidates.
- Veterans under the age of 25 face an employment rate that is significantly higher than the national unemployment rate of 5.6%.
- For the past three years, Toyota has partnered with Medal of Honor recipient, Sgt. Dakota Meyer, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation to support Hiring Our Heroes, an initiative that helps veterans and transitioning service members find meaningful employment.
- Together, Toyota and Hiring Our Heroes developed free online resources to help veterans, transitioning service members and military spouses learn how to better market themselves to civilian employers. One of these resources, The Personal Branding Resume Engine helps create a resume that captures the entirety of military service and puts it in a language that resonates with civilian employers.
- To date, more than 27,000 veterans and military spouses have obtained jobs through Hiring Our Heroes job fairs and over 64,000 service members and veterans are using Resume Engine. In addition, over 9,300 employers have registered to access this pool of talent, including over 600 Toyota dealers.
Career Spark for Military Spouse Hiring
Your experience matters. Discover all the skills you have and put them to work. Maximize your work and volunteer experience with Career Spark and make your resume searchable to thousands of military friendly employers in our database.
- With over 1.5 million Military Spouses in the U.S., addressing the exceedingly high unemployment rate among military spouses (approximately 25%) is a major initiative that Toyota and Hiring Our Heroes are tackling together.
- Toyota and Hiring Our Heroes partnered to create Career Spark – a first of its kind tool that empowers military spouses by helping them overcome the common roadblocks they face in starting and building a career by leveraging the very skills and experience they have gained from military life.
- Career Spark not only helps military spouses translate their experience into a functional, skills-based resume, but it also features an extensive tips section that covers networking, interview prep and goal setting.
- Like Resume Engine, military spouses can complete their resume for free, and make it searchable to a growing database of thousands of employers who are looking to hire top military and military spouses candidates around the country.