When you are preparing to PCS it is easy to get lost in all the details. This is especially true if you’re moving with a family member with exceptional needs. When you receive your orders the first thing you should do is to familiarize yourself with the PCS process and all the steps involved.
For those moving with Exceptional Family Members, there are a few extra steps you need to be aware of. Use our checklist below to make sure you have everything you need to make your next move a smooth one. Remember, the earlier you begin to prepare for your move, the easier the transition will be.
90 Days Before Moving
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is up to date
- Family Needs Assessment and Family Service Plan is conducted
- Current Family Care Worker shares information with FCW from gaining installation
30 Days Before Moving
- Introduction to Family Care Worker from gaining installation
- Losing installation Family Care Worker alerts FCW from gaining installation
- Case is transferred
- Family Care Worker contacts Marine and provides assistance as needed
- Family is also encouraged to check in with their Family Care Worker
Have more questions about PCSing with a family member with exceptional needs? Click here to contact your local EFMP office.
Article by MCCS