SPCA International has provided financial assistance to military families PCS’ing with their pets since 2013.
The Crisis: When military families are ordered to a new base in the U.S. or around the world, moving bills pile up. The military pays for many moving costs, but they don’t help our military families relocate the family pet. The cost for pet transportation can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars. All over the United States shelters near military bases report high surrender rates when military families can’t afford to relocate their dog or cat. Military families are being torn apart.
Our Mission: To keep military families together by providing financial assistance for pet relocation costs. All branches of the military can qualify for grants. Whether being relocated within the United States or anywhere in the world, SPCA International’s Operation Military Pets is here to keep pets with the ones they love.
- This program is designed to help only members of the military that have exhausted all options for paying to relocate their pets. If the program is abused, then it could mean military families that genuinely need help will not receive a grant.
- Please apply within 3 months of your animal’s travel date, but no earlier.
- If applying after your animal’s travel date then you must submit your application within 30 days of your animal’s arrival at your new location.
- You must obtain a quote from the airline for the cost of flying your animals before submitting this application. Transportation costs must be over $400 per animal for domestic travel in the continental U.S. and $500 for all other destinations in order to qualify for a grant.
- You are required to submit 6 photos of your family and pets at the end of this application. At least one must include your service member in uniform.
- Grant amounts are determined based on need and funds available, up to $1,000 per family.
- SPCA International distributes up to $15,000 in grants each month.
- Families are only eligible for OMP financial aid once every 3 years.
- You will be notified be email. Please be sure to check your spam or junk folder.
- Every effort will be made to update you on your application status within three weeks of submission. It may take longer though depending on the volume of applications being processed. Thank you for your patience.
Click here to fill out the application or discover more information.