ATLANTA, Ga. – More and more consumers are seeking ways to escape cable company contracts and pre-packaged bundles. In response, companies are competing to scoop up “cord cutters” with technological advancements like over-the-top boxes, smart TVs and mobile devices. Today, DVIDS joins the cord cutting revolution with the introduction of “Defense TV.”
“DefenseTV” is the first official online U.S. Military over-the- top box service to offer live feeds and hand-curate elite content about the troops, by the troops. Designed to be a top-ranking source of military news and entertainment, “DefenseTV” will showcase popular topics or let the viewer search and select what they want to watch. Additionally, “DefenseTV” will allow you to “Choose Your Mission” from your living room through Roku and Google Chromecast.
“DefenseTV” highlights include:
- Live Events – breaking news, press conferences/briefings, interviews, award ceremonies, etc.
- NewsStream – 24/7 hand-picked curation of leading military content
- Featured topics: Science & Technology, Sports, Entertainment, Health, Family, Missions, In Focus
- Military Spotlight – top military podcasts
- Series – “In The Fight,” “Recon,” “Battleground,” etc.
- Free through any internet capable device, Roku and Google Chromecast
“This launch is an important step in our strategy to make DVIDS content available directly to consumers on a multitude of platforms and to build ‘DefenseTV’ into a military entertainment source,” said Maj. Scott Betts, director of operations. “The well-designed, user-friendly interface will allow viewers to reach the latest and best military entertainment and news in their living rooms or on-the-go.”
For more information and how to access “DefenseTV” through multiple platforms, go to: About DefenseTV or access the press kit here.
For questions, comments or suggestions, contact DVIDS 24 hours a day at: toll free 877-DVIDS-24/7, commercial 678-421-6612.