I have cell phone reception envy. Every time we go home to the mountains, our cell service doesn’t work. So while everyone else gets to check in with their friends and family, we’re wondering if everything is okay because we can’t even get emergency calls.
Of course all our local friend’s phones work because they use Verizon, which works in the mountains there. We chose AT&T over a decade ago because it was the only one that worked at Horno on Camp Pendleton. If only there was a provider that would allow us to use all three major cellular providers: AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint so we could have awesome coverage. Oh wait, there is!
Check out my new favorite find — Defense Mobile, providing superior nationwide 4G coverage to our military families and veterans. That’s right. Now you don’t have to worry when you PCS, travel home to visit family, or that TDY trip that you’ll have cellular service.
Hmm maybe you’re thinking this sounds pretty good, but what about the cool new phones? Yes! Those great news phones like the Apple iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S5, or any number of smartphones are available with this service.
What Kind of Contract Can I Expect?
Defense Mobile offers no contract plans. Individual plans start at just $30/month and they offer family plans as well.
For Veterans, By Veterans
Defense Mobile gets it – they’re a company where the majority of the executive team and 100% of their Member Care representatives are veterans or disabled veterans. They know the challenges of the military lifestyle and have set out to make your life easier.
Within the next month you’ll be able to purchase phones and cellular service online. You can also sign up in person later this month at Radio Shack and military installations near you.
If you’re interested, I highly recommend that you pre-register today. It’s just an opportunity to learn more when the program is live so you don’t miss out on anything. There is zero commitment required and you get the added bonus of Charter Membership benefits when you sign up:
- 50% off your first 3 months of service
- Priority access to the newest phones, including special pre-orders
- Other exciting offers and savings opportunities throughout the year!
Who is Eligible to use Defense Mobile?
- Active, retired and honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. Military including the Reserve and National Guard.
- Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS).
- Military spouses and dependents of verified members of DefenseMobile.
- Widows and widowers of those who have served in the U.S. Military.
- Medal of Honor Recipients receive FREE service for life.
Claim Your Charter Membership Today
Are you ready to save your spot in line and get more information? Click on your branch below to get started and remember that saving your place in line is simply that, there is no commitment required.
Or if you are from another branch, select yours here:
Bring on the Perks
Once your eligibility has been verified, you become eligible for a number of amazing FREE apps:
- miliCASH: a robust mobile banking application with a pre-approved pre-paid MasterCard® that delivers military-and-veteran-only cash back rewards at participating merchants nationwide. Save with cash back rewards and more!
- miliSOURCE, a powerful application that helps veteran families discover and obtain valuable veteran benefits and services from the VA, States, and Veteran Service Organizations. Bonus: the app is so smart, it will automatically customize the benefits you’re eligible to receive.
- miliMAIL, a free email service providing transitioning military personnel and Defense Mobile Members with a unique email that proudly confirms their affiliation to the branch of service they served.
- Access email anywhere: on your phone, tablet, PC mail program, or web browser
- Large 25 GB mailboxes allow you to keep lots of emails and attachments
- Send emails with attachments of up to 50 MBs
- Integrated premium Anti-Spam & Anti-Virus protection and more.
Wanted to call out that 1) the data limits doubled, and 2) as of two weeks ago the Wireless Kiosk at the Main Exchange now has the ability to activate and move your number over to Defense Mobile.
The Wireless Kiosk at which Main Exchange — all of them?
Some of their plans are more expensive than offered by regular carriers, add in a military/veteran discount and it gets cheaper.
They are in the process of closing down a large portion of their business.